– That you have many I’s, many are contradictory
– Notice habitual behavior, posture, tics, attitudes, sayings
– Verify Sleep
– Verify mechanicalness
– Notice negative I’s especially. Note their frequency: anger,irritation, criticizing, depression, frustration, boredom, impatience, exasperation, grumpiness, competitiveness, negative inner talk, slander, self-deprecation, despair, hopelessness, violence
– Note their frequency
– Trace them to their roots in your psychology
– Notice habitual I’s that say the same things over and over
– Recognize your own Multiplicity.
– Recognize that what can see that in you is a separate you
– Try to realize from the beginning that this separate ” you” is
NOT one of the Multiplicity
– Observing I must keep observing all that the Work teaches
– Try to keep Personality passive
– Practice Inner Separation
– Speak less
– Remember your Aim
– Remember the Work every day
The Work tells you also to notice:
– Outright dishonesty, giving people a wrong impression of yourself that is usually flattering, pretending to listen when you are not, pretending to understand when you do not; pretending interest or care because it serves you, lying about your status, your knowledge, your merit, manipulating the truth to put yourself in a better light, exaggerating.
Identification, False Personality, Pictures and Imagination, Vanity
– Physical vanity, intellectual vanity, vanity about money, position, power, experience, sexual attractiveness, accomplishment, merit, importance, having some special privilege or secret knowledge, feeling superior to others in so me way. Self- deprecation is the flip side of the coin of vanity. It is made up of the same thing.
When you have seen all of these things in yourself, for yourself, you will begin to wake up. When these moments happen, you willsee the state of Sleep and mechanicalness that rules everyone, including you. During this period of observation, there is not much you can do to change what you observe. This is a frustrating stage and it passes slowly. The more you observe, the more presence and strength observing I will have. As you see and verify more often and more clearly, you will not want to continue to manifest from Sleep and mechanicalness. Your will to be conscious and intentional and act with integrity will be the primary force to help self-observation you get rid of the wrong work in your psychology. When the Emotional Center is purified of its wrong work, growth in Consciousness is possible.